YouTube provides a lot of opportunities for its users. With YouTube, everyone can upload their videos and share them with the entire world. Internet-savvy people will not have any problems getting started with Youtube.
Creating a YouTube Account
Users should start by registering. The process only takes a few minutes to complete. YouTube will send confirmation mail through the e-mail address provided. Simply clicking the link will let you freely upload videos, save favorites and subscribe to channels. It also allows people to comment on other users’ videos.
Creating and Uploading Videos
Acceptable video formats include 3GP from cellphones, .WMV Windows Media Video and .MOV for Mac. The speed needed to complete uploading the video depends on the Internet connection. The Upload button allows users to select a video file from the computer or record a video using their webcam. Users should name the video and provide a descriptive title. They can also use tags or keywords to indicate the video’s content. Videos can either be public or private. Make sure to save the video settings.
YouTube also allows users to share their videos on Twitter, Facebook, Google Reader, Myspace and Orkut through the AutoShare option. Embedding the video on other sites can also be done by copying and pasting the embed code.
• Video Title will include simple titles and may also include keywords.
• The Subscribe button should be clicked when the user chooses to subscribe to a video channel.
• Video Play Option shows buttons that allow users to play or pause the video and adjust the volume controls.
• Video Time and Length brings up a numeric time display.
• View Controls allows users to expand or contract the video screen.
• Video Creator shows the person who created the account for the video.
• Video Description explains what the video is all about.
• Views shows the number of times that videos have been viewed by other Youtube users.
• Youtube Review allows users to give feedback about the video. They can give a thumbs up or thumbs down rating.
• Share and Save allows users to share videos with friends.
• Favorites shows saved favorite videos or videos added to the playlist.
• Embed Option is the access code that can be copied and pasted to websites. It can also be posted on blogs in order to share the video.
Reasons to Get a YouTube Account
• Youtube is a user-friendly website where anyone can upload, view and download videos. Even those who are not computer savvy can easily register an account and get started. Most importantly, it is free.
• YouTube provides inexpensive advertising. It offers various functions to help advertisers increase their page views.
• Anyone can share their knowledge and skills on YouTube to help people of all ages. They can upload tutorial videos and educational videos.
• Users can promote products, services, organizations and run other types of awareness campaigns.
A Safer YouTube Experience
• Users who do not know how to manage their privacy settings may end up divulging too much. It is highly recommended to provide as little personal information as possible.
• Copyright infringement issues are serious problems for YouTube. Users should be very careful when posting videos that may be protected by copyrights. Uploading videos without permission from the owner may create legal issues. YouTube has provided copyright tips to ensure safety for users and video creators here.